I tell ya, Spring is finally springing up around the Ozarks and hints of green are surrounding the Mill. Even my Heron friend is back along the Creek for the daily lunch special: minos! Take a look at this cute little guy. Have you seen him while visiting the Mill?
With spring in my step, I’m enjoying the lighter, warmer weather. Which gets me in the smiling mood for a light tasty snack. My Mill buddies helped me come up with a perfect light recipe that combines hearty oats and almonds, sweet maple syrup and cinnamon, greek yogurt and my favorite fruit, bananas! Enjoy!
Cinnamon Maple Granola
- 5 Tbsp WEM Organic Thick Rolled Oats
- 1 Tbsp sliced almonds
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp WEM Maple Syrup
- 3/4 cup vanilla low fat greek yogurt
- 1 banana (sliced)
- In a skillet, combine oats, almonds, cinnamon and maple syrup.
- Place a nonstick skillet over medium heat and add oat mixture to pan, and cook for 5 minutes or until oats become a light golden color.
- Place yogurt in a bowl and top with banana and toasted oats. Enjoy!