Buttery, chocolaty and nutty but with the goodness of whole grain! Who wouldn’t love these?
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup honey or 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 cup sifted WEM Organic Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- !/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon water
Baking Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 35-40 minutes
Yield: 14-16 bars
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Melt butter and add honey or brown sugar. Cool.
- Add the egg and mix well.
- Stir in flour, baking powder, salt, vanilla, water chocolate chips, and walnuts.
- Coat a 9 X 9-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- Spread batter into pan.
- Bake 25 minutes or until the top is firm to the touch. Do not overbake.
- Cool and cut into squares.