Hands on Time: 7-10 minutes
Baking Time: 15-20 minutes
Total Time: 25-30 minutes
Yield: 12 muffins
Very moist and light!
Here’s what you will need:
- 1 cup WEM All Purpose Flour
- 3/4 cup WEM Stoneground Blue Cornmeal
- 3 tablespoons WEM Flaxseed , ground in blender or spice grinder or 4 tablespoons WEM Flaxseed Meal (3 tablespoons flaxseed will make 4 tablespoons flaxseed meal)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup sour cream (nonfat works fine)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup honey or sugar
- 1/4 cup (4 tablespoons) melted butter or vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Coat a 12 cup muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Grind flax seeds.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, cornmeal, flaxmeal, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a small bowl, whisk together sour cream, eggs, honey and butter.
- Add sour cream mixture to flour mixture. Stir just until moistened.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
- Bake 15-20 minute until browned.
- Cool on a wire rack 5 minutes, then remove muffins from pan.