Light and fluffy with a great flavor!
- 3 tablespoons WEM Flaxseed or 4 tablespoons WEM Flaxseed Meal
- 1-1/2 cups WEM Unbleached All-Purpose
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1-3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil or your choice of oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
Hands-on Time: 10 minutes
Baking Time: 4-6 minutes each pancake
Total Time: 20-25 minutes for all pancakes
Yield: 10-12 pancakes
- Grind flax seed in blender or spice mill.
- In a medium-size bowl, stir together dry ingredients.
- Make a well in the center. Drop-in egg and beat.
- Add oil, honey, and buttermilk and stir just until moistened.
- Spoon batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto lightly greased griddle heated to medium-high.
- Pancakes are ready to flip when bubbles appear over the surface.
- Add a small amount of water to thin batter if necessary.
Recipe Tips and Tricks
Serve hot with butter and your favorite syrup, honey, jam, or fresh fruit.