Hands on Time: 10 minutes
Baking Time: 20-25 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Yield: 6 muffins
Moist and yummy, the onion adds a sweet creamy finish!
Here’s what you will need:
- 1 cup WEM Cornbread Mix
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ½ cup diced sweet onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 egg
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup shredded Mexican style 4 cheese combination
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Chop onion.
- In a small skillet, sauté the onion in the butter until transparent.
- In a medium bowl, beat the egg with a fork or whisk until light yellow.
- Stir in Cornbread Mix and sugar.
- Add milk, onion and cheese stirring just until moistened.
- Coat a 6 cup muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Spoon batter into cups.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.