Yield: 22-24 cookies
You can’t go wrong with chocolate and cherries! This wholegrain treat will satisfy all taste buds.
- 1 cup War Eagle Mill Whole White Wheat Flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- dash of salt
- 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- 1/3 cup fat-free, plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chunks or chips
- 1/2 cup dried cherries, chopped
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl
In another medium bowl, combine sugars, melted butter and oil. Add yogurt and vanilla.
Stir in cocoa powder. Gradually add flour and then stir in chocolate chunks and chopped dried cherries.
Drop spoonfuls of dough on to lined cookie sheet and flatten slightly.
Bake for 8 to 10 minutes.