Hands on Time: 7 minutes
Baking Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15-30 minutes
Yield: 12 muffins
A muffin to go with any meal!
- 1 cup WEM Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/2 cup WEM Yellow Corn Meal
- 1/2 cup WEM Rolled Oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/2 cup butter, melted or vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Coat a 12 cup muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Mix flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda.
- In medium size bowl, stir together corn meal, oats, honey and buttermilk.
- Add beaten egg and butter or oil.
- Stir together until well blended.
- Add flour mixture and stir just until blended.
- Spoon batter into greased muffin pan.
- Bake 20 minutes until golden brown.