Cranberry Pecan Scones
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla
- ¾ cup dried cranberries chopped
- ½ cup pecans chopped
- 5 tbsp butter cold
- 3 cups War Eagle Mill Organic Biscuit Mix
- 1 cup half and half or heavy whipping cream
- 1 ½ cup powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp milk
- Preheat oven to 425-degrees F.
- Mix together biscuit mix and sugar.
- Cut cold butter into dry ingredients until it resembles coarse cornmeal.
- Stir in vanilla and half and half or heavy whipping cream until moistened.
- Mix in cranberries and nuts until just combined.
- Cut dough in half and form into 2 separate balls of dough.
- Place dough ball onto lightly floured surface, roll out to ¾ inch thick circle and cut into triangular “pie-like” pieces.
- Repeat with 2nd dough ball.
- Place scones on a greased baking sheet.
- Brush tops with milk and bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Let cool for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a separate bowl, mix icing ingredients and drizzle over scones.