A quick and easy, hot, and delicious dinner dish.
- 1 recipe WEM Cornbread, baked (link) OR 1 recipe WEM Biscuits, baked (link). From mix or scratch. Or use leftover cornbread or biscuits.
- 2 tablespoons butter, margarine or olive oil
- 2 tablespoons WEM All-Purpose Flour
- 1-1/2 cups 2 % or skim milk
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken or turkey
- 1 can cream of mushroom or broccoli soup
- 1-2 ounce jar diced pimentos, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Hands-on Time: 20-25 minutes
Baking Time: 15-30 minutes
Total Time: 45-60 minutes
Servings: 4 to 6
- Bake cornbread or biscuits as directed.
- In a medium saucepan whisk together milk, flour, and butter or oil until there are no lumps.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until thickened and bubbly.
- Stir in chicken, soup, pimento, salt, and pepper.
- Cook, stirring, until thoroughly heated.
- Cut cornbread into squares and split or split biscuits.
- Pour creamed chicken overall.
Recipe Tips and Tricks
VARIATIONS: Add 1/4 cup finely sliced green onions and 1/2 cup mushrooms to the sauce before cooking. Any vegetables of your choice can be added to this recipe.