Hands on Time: 8-10 minutes
Baking Time: 20-25 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 6 muffins
These corn muffins would have been proudly served at any modern "Green Corn" Ceremony, as corn was truly, the source of life for the Native Americans and sweet potatoes, a natural accompaniment. A wonderful addition to any Thanksgiving or holiday celebration!
- 3/4 cup WEM Cornbread Mix
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 medium size sweet potato
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon melted butter or vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- Pierce sweet potato with a fork. Microwave with skin on until tender
- Peel and mash. (about 1/2 cup)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Coat a 6 cup muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Stir together the Cornbread Mix and cinnamon.
- In a small bowl, beat the egg with an electric mixer or whisk until light.
- Add sweet potato pulp, butter, honey and milk and blend until smooth.
- Stir sweet potato mixture into Cornbreaad Mix, just until moistened.
- Spoon into muffin cups .
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
Recipe Tips and Tricks
This is an excellent way to use up left over sweet potatoes.