Hands on Time: 10 minutes
Baking Time: 4-6 minutes per waffle
Total Time: 20-25 minutes for all waffles
Yield: 4, 7-8 inch waffles
A delicious, whole grain waffle filled with Vitamin E and Omega-3 oils.
- 1 cup WEM All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup WEM Whole Wheat Flour
- 2 tablespoons WEM Flaxseed ground in blender or spice mill or 3 tablespoons WEM Flax Meal.
- 1/4 cup WEM Raw Wheat Germ
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk (fat-free or low-fat is fine)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- In large bowl, stir together dry ingredients.
- In small bowl, whisk together milk, egg and oil.
- Add to flour mixture, stirring just until moistened.
- Preheat waffle iron.
- Coat with cooking spray.
- Ladle batter into waffle iron and cook until golden brown.
Recipe Tips and Tricks
This waffle is especially good with WEM Maple Praline Syrup or Blueberry Syrup!