Try this Indian Pudding recipe for a sweet treat!
- 5 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup (packed) golden brown sugar
- 2/3 cup WEM yellow cornmeal
- 2 ½ tablespoons mild-flavored (light) molasses
- 1 tbsp ground ginger
- 1 tbsp teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ c raisins
- Vanilla ice cream or frozen yogurt
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Butter 13 x 9 x 2-inch glass baking dish or oven safe individual ramekins. Combine first 6 ingredients in heavy large saucepan. Whisk over medium-high heat until mixture thickens but can still be poured, about 18 minutes. Remove from heat. Melt butter. Whisk in butter, vanilla extract and raisins.
- Transfer pudding mixture to prepared baking dish or ramekins. Bake pudding until golden brown and center no longer moves when pan is shaken, about 1 hour 30 minutes. Cool 10 minutes. Scoop pudding into bowls. Top with ice cream or frozen yogurt and serve.