Grab a big bowl full to warm your belly and your heart this cool crisp season.
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeno, diced (optional)
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 can diced tomatoes with juice
- 2½ cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup WEM Millet Berries
- 2 cups pinto beans
- 1 cup corn kernels
- Heat oil over medium heat in a large skillet.
- Add onions, celery, carrot, bell pepper and garlic.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Cook vegetables for 10 minutes or until soft.
- Increase heat to medium, and add chili pepper.
- Stir for one minute.
- Add tomatoes and vegetable stock and bring to a boil.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add beans, millet and corn.
- Return to a boil, and simmer until millet is tender.