Hands on Time: 12-15 minutes
Baking Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 1-9 inch crust
The right crust for your favorite Quiche filling!
- 1/4 cup WEM Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
- 1 cup WEM All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon cold milk (skim is fine)
- 1 egg white, beaten
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- In medium size bowl, combine flours and salt.
- With a fork, stir in oil until crumbled.
- Mix in cold milk (adding another tablespoon if dough is too dry) until mixture can be formed into a ball.
- Turn out on floured surface or between 2 sheets of waxed paper, flatten with your hands and then roll with a rolling pin to a 12 inch circle
- Place in a 9 inch pie pan and flute edges.
- Brush bottom and sides of pastry lightly with the egg white and prick with a fork.
- Bake 10 minutes.
Recipe Tips and Tricks
Be sure to prick the crust so that it will vent the steam and not bubble up and be uneven.