Quinoa (keen-wah) has a delicious flavor and a very high protein content of up to 20%. This salad is a feast for the eyes as well as the taste buds. It’s a great opener for a dinner party.
- 1 cup WEM Organic Quinoa
- 1 pound shelled shrimp
- ½ teaspoon red pepper (cayenne)
- 1 tablespoon tamari or soy sauce
- 1 cup corn (fresh or frozen)
- ¼ cup lemon or lime juice
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive or vegetable oil
- ¼ cup sliced green onions
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- ¼ cup finely chopped celery
- Rinse quinoa in cold water, drain. Cook in 2 cups water for 15 minutes or until water is absorbed.
- In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, cook shrimp with red pepper and soy sauce for about 5 minutes or until shrimp are done.
- Combine lemon juice, oil, salt, and sugar.
- In a large bowl, combine with shrimp, corn, bell pepper. onions, cilantro, and celery.
- Fold in lemon juice mixture. Serve cold