Exquisite Red Velvet Waffles
- 2 cups War Eagle Mill Organic Unbleached All Purpose Flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup butter melted and cooled
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vinegar
- Red gel food coloring
- Grease waffle iron and begin preheating.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat together the eggs, buttermilk, butter, vanilla, and vinegar with a whisk until thoroughly combined.
- Add red food coloring until it is slightly darker than the shade you want since it will lighten a little while it cooks.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and fold to combine thoroughly.
- Cook waffles according to your waffle iron instructions and size. In most cases, they should be done when they stop steaming.
- Serve with whipped cream or a cream cheese frosting.