Hands on Time: 10 minutes
Baking Time: Varies with machine
This is a great recipe for your bread machine. Dark, slightly sweet, with just a hint of tangy flavor.
- 1/4 cup WEM Wheat Bran
- 1-1/2 cups WEM Unbleached Bread Flour
- 1/3 cup WEM Whole Wheat Flour
- 2/3 cup WEM Rye Flour
- 1-1/2 tablespoons cocoa powder (unsweetened)
- 1 tablespoon nonfat dry milk
- 1 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons molasses or sorghum
- 2 teaspoons vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup warm water
- In a small skillet, toast wheat bran, stirring, for about 3 minutes or until deep brown.
- Place in baking pan.
- Add the rest of the ingredients in the order given.
- Bake on medium temperature.
- Start machine.