Hands on Time: 15-20 minutes
Baking Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
Yield: About 15 buns
Very easy and quick to make! Makes any filling a deli sandwich!
- 2 packages active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water
- 1/4 cup honey or 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup hot water
- 4 cups WEM Whole Wheat Flour
- 2 3/4 cups WEM All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- Dissolve yeast in warm water.
- In large mixing bowl, combine hot water, honey or sugar, oil, salt and eggs. Mix well.
- Add yeast and flours, mixing well by hand or with electric mixer.
- Turn out on floured surface and knead about 6 times.
- Roll out 3/4 inch thick.
- Brush with egg white.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Cut with 3 inch round cutter.
- Coat 2 baking sheets with cooking spray.
- Place buns 2 inches apart on baking sheet.
- Let rise until doubled. About 40 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Bake about 15 minutes or until golden.
Recipe Tips and Tricks
Top with poppy seeds, diced onion or oatmeal for variety.