Hands on Time: 20 minutes
Baking Time: 20-23 minutes
Total Time: 40-45 minutes
This cake offers all of the rich flavor of chocolate, but with the added nutrition of two wholegrain flours.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Grease and flour a 9 inch cake pan (round or square)
- Sift together flours, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- Melt chocolate and allow to cool slightly, but not harden.
- Beat butter and sugar together with a mixer for two minutes.
- Add eggs to sugar mixture and beat for an additional two minutes.
- Beat in vanilla and cooled chocolate.
- Gradually stir in flour mixture and sour cream, alternating between the two.
- Stir in the boiling water.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 20-23 minutes. Do not over bake or cake will be too dry. Allow cake to cook in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Serve plain or top with whipped cream and cherries.