Hands on Time: 10 minutes
Baking Time: 50-60 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
Yield: 1 loaf
A sweet delicious crunchy loaf cornbread!
Here’s what you will need:
- 2 cups WEM Cornbread Mix
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1-8 ounce can crushed pineapple in it’s own juice, undrained
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter or spray a 9 X 5 inch loaf pan
- In medium bowl, stir together Cornbread Mix and sugar.
- In small bowl, beat eggs.
- Add oil, milk and pineapple.
- Stir into dry mixture.
- Fold in walnuts.
- Pour into loaf pan
- Bake 50-60 minutes. Cover lightly with aluminum foil if browning too quickly.
- Remove from oven and let cool on rack for 10 minutes.
- Invert pan and remove loaf. Slice and serve warm.
Recipe Tips and Tricks
To reheat, slice and place under broiler.
For an old fashioned flavor try using black walnuts.