Try this cake for breakfast or brunch.
- 1 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1 cup WEM Organic Thick Rolled Oats
- 4 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 3/4 cups sifted WEM Organic Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1 cup honey or brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup raisins or dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup shredded coconut
Baking Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
Servings: 10 to 14
- Pour boiling water over oatmeal. Add butter. Let cool.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat a 9 X 13-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix dry ingredients together.
- Stir honey or sugar, eggs, and vanilla together. Add oatmeal and stir together.
- Add to dry ingredients.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Serve warm or cool and frost.
10. In a small saucepan, bring topping ingredients to a boil. Add coconut, cool and spread on cooled cake.